Faculty at the University of Pittsburgh who have an interest in components of healthy lifestyles can be affiliated with the Healthy Lifestyle Institute. To become an affiliated faculty member of the goals of the Healthy Lifestyle Institute individuals will demonstrate an established record of engaging in research and scholarly activities that are consistent with the goals and mission of the Healthy Lifestyle Institute.
In additional, the individual will demonstrate ongoing engagement in institute-related activities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The mentoring of junior investigators (junior faculty, post-doctoral fellows, students) in research or clinical activities consistent with the mission and theme of the Healthy Lifestyle Institute.
- The Enrichment Program to foster research or clinical activities consistent with the mission and theme of the Healthy Lifestyle Institute.
- The Healthy Lifestyle Institute Pilot and Feasibility Program by serving as a reviewer or as a mentor for applicants.
- To provide the Healthy Lifestyle Institute up-to-date information to allow for optimal tracking of activities of institute members.
- To cite, when appropriate, the Healthy Lifestyle Institute in publications and presentations.
- To use, when appropriate, Healthy Lifestyle Institute services and resources to support research that is consistent with the mission and theme of the institute.
- To engage in, when appropriate, collaborative research, clinical opportunities, and training with other Healthy Lifestyle Institute members that is consistent with the mission and theme of the institute